Terms & Conditions
Red Cross Calling 2018
As a registered Red Cross Calling fundraiser, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a Red Cross Calling fundraiser and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of Red Cross;
“We/Australian Red Cross/Red Cross/Promoter” means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 155 Pelham Street, Carlton VIC 3053, Phone: 03 9345 1800,: www.redcross.org.au. Charity Mail Number: 10100009.
“Red Cross Calling” means a Red Cross national fundraising campaign of that name.
“Event” includes a Red Cross Calling fundraising activity.
“Event Websites/Websites” means the online information portal for Red Cross Calling at www.redcrosscalling.org.au and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/
“You” means the person who registers to conduct a fundraising event for Red Cross Calling.
“Fundraiser/Fundraising” means the act of holding an event with the intention of raising funds for Red Cross.
“Collector/Collection” means the person who registers to conduct door to door or public coin collections on behalf of Red Cross for Red Cross Calling.
“Register/Registering/Registered” means completing the Red Cross Calling registration form either on paper and returning it by mail or email or by registering as a Host over the telephone or online at https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ or www.redcrosscalling.org.au
“Registered Fundraiser” means a person who has completed in full the Red Cross Calling registration form, and returned it to Red Cross by post or email or who has completed the registration form online at www.redcrosscalling.org.au or https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ or who has provided their details to a Red Cross representative over the telephone.
“Red Cross Calling Month” means Thursday, 1st March 2018 to Saturday, 31st March 2018.
“Fundraiser Welcome Kit” means the promotional material provided to a Registered Fundraiser to use in planning and running their fundraising event or activity for Red Cross.
“Supporter” means a person who agrees to help a Registered Fundraiser with their event, either financially or in-kind.
“Promotional Period” means Monday, 22nd January 2018 to Sunday, 29th April 2018.
“Advertisers” means third party operated websites.
“Linked Sites” means third party operated hyperlinks.
“Incentive Prizes” means prizes awarded to a Registered Host.
“Highest Individual Fundraiser” means the Registered Individual Host who raises the most amount of money through their Red Cross Calling fundraising.
“Highest Group Fundraiser” means the Registered Groups who raise the most amount of money through their Red Cross Calling fundraising.
- You must be a Registered Fundraiser in order to conduct a third-party fundraising activity as part of Red Cross Calling. This is required by charitable fundraising legislation in all States and Territories in Australia.
- Registrations can be made via phone 1800 811 700, post Reply Paid 84694/GPO Box 4343, Melbourne VIC 3001, online at www.redcrosscalling.org.au or https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.redcrosscalling.org.au is owned and operated by Red Cross and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ is owned and operated by a third party. (Together these sites are the “Event Websites”).
- Red Cross manages Red Cross Calling on behalf of all state-based Red Cross offices and branches.
- Red Cross will not accept registrations from people residing in a country outside of Australia.
- People residing outside Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Australia who is taking part in Red Cross Calling. All donations will be accepted if in collaboration with supporting a Red Cross Calling fundraising event or activity.
- If during your participation in Red Cross Calling as a Fundraiser or a Supporter Red Cross collects your personal information, Red Cross will send you information about how Red Cross collects and uses your personal information and your privacy rights. Information about your privacy is available at http://www.redcross.org.au/privacy.aspx).
- Red Cross may incorporate Apps into its fundraising platform that allow Registered Fundraisers and Supporters to upload photographs which they can then elect to share on their social media pages. If you do not wish to use this function (if it is available) you should not upload any images if requested to do so by the fundraising platform.
- The person whose name appears on the registration form will be the Registered Fundraiser which makes them solely accountable for managing the Event or Collection in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes cash handling and deciding on the Event date, venue, fundraising activity and any associated costs in running the Event.
- Red Cross will provide Registered Fundraisers with a Fundraiser Welcome Kit upon successful completion of a registration form being received. This will include but not limited to: a letter of authority to fundraise and equipment as requested on the registration form. Registered Fundraisers conducting a Collection will also receive a Volunteer ID badge, one receipt booklet and one plastic collection bag, secure collection buckets and lids.
- Registered Fundraisers conducting a Collection for their Red Cross Calling activity must clearly wear their supplied Volunteer ID badge and carry their letter of authority to fundraise at all times. Volunteer ID badges must state the name of the Collector and be signed by that person.
- All Volunteer ID badges are valid from Thursday, 1st to Saturday, 31st March 2018 and Collectors are not authorised to collect on behalf of Red Cross before or after these dates.
- Fundraisers are not authorised to fundraise for Red Cross Calling until they receive their letter of authority to fundraise and Volunteer ID badge (where applicable). For enquiries relating to the registration process, please call 1800 733 276 between 8am‐8pm AEDST (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 5pm AEDST (Saturday and Sunday).
- All donations over $2 are potentially tax deductible. Collectors may use the receipt booklet to issue a pre-printed or hand-written tax receipt to a Supporter if requested. Only one tax receipt is valid per Supporter.
- Registered Fundraisers must only run Events or Collections during Red Cross Calling Month (1 to 31 March 2018).
- Registered Fundraisers, agree to pay all costs involved with running their Event or Collection. Event costs are at the discretion of the Registered Fundraiser. Red Cross will not reimburse any person/s for any Event or Collection associated costs.
- If conducting door to door or public coin collections, Collectors must adhere to the fundraising legislation that applies to their State or Territory:
VIC: Door to door collections can be run in most council areas seven (7) days per week from Friday, 9th March 2018 to Sunday, 25th March 2018 between 9am and 6pm. Street collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Thursday, 1st March 2018 and Saturday, 31st March 2018 between 9am and 6pm. Some restrictions including exemption of collections on Sundays and Public Holidays apply in certain areas. Collectors will be advised by Red Cross if there is a restriction in the area in which they intend to collect. Intersection collections require approval from the local council and VIC Police. If you would like to conduct an intersection collection or a public coin collection please contact the Red Cross Calling team on 1800 733 276 to organise a permit.
SA: Door to door and street collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Friday, 9th March 2018 to Sunday, 25th March 2018 between the following times:
- 9am and 6pm on weekdays (Monday to Friday) for residential premises. 7am and 6pm for public locations
- 9am and 5pm on Saturdays for residential premises and public locations
- 11am and 5pm on Sundays for residential premises and public locations
- 11am and 5pm on Public Holidays (other than Good Friday and Easter Sunday) for residential premises and public locations
Some further restrictions may apply in particular Council areas. Collectors will be advised by Red Cross if there is a restriction in the area in which they intend to collect. If you would like to conduct a public coin collection please contact the Red Cross Calling team on 1800 733 276 to organise a permit.
QLD: Door to door and street collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Saturday, 10th March 2018 to Saturday, 24th March 2018 between 9am and 5pm.
WA: Door to door collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Friday, 9th March 2018 and Sunday, 25th March 2018 between 9am and 6pm. Street collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Thursday, 1st March 2018 and Saturday, 31st March 2018 between 9am and 6pm. Excludes:
- Monday, 12th March 2018
- Sunday, 25th March 2018
NSW, ACT, TAS & NT: Door to door collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Friday, 9th March 2018 and Sunday, 25th March 2018 between 9am and 6pm. Street collections can be run seven (7) days per week from Thursday, 1st March 2018 and Saturday, 31st March 2018 between 9am and 6pm.
- Red Cross will organise permits on the behalf of the Registered Fundraiser for all registered Collections including door to door, intersection, train station, shopping centre and other public coin collections. Permits are arranged using the completed details on the registration form.
- If doorknocking in NSW, ACT, TAS and NT, no permits are required.
- If doorknocking in QLD, statewide permission has been obtained from the QLD Government Office of Fair Trading.
- If doorknocking in WA, statewide permission has been obtained from the WA Government Department of Commerce.
- Collectors will be issued with designated areas for their fundraising and restrictions will vary:
a.) If doorknocking, you are only permitted to Collect in the streets and/or suburbs assigned to you by Red Cross;
b.) If conducting a public coin collection, you are only permitted to collect in the streets, suburbs and/or locations that you have a valid permit for which has been obtained by Red Cross.
- Registered Fundraisers need to comply with any obligations in the Charitable Fundraising Act and/or any regulations in your State or Territory. You may be responsible for organising permits, licenses, insurance or authority to fundraise where necessary for fundraising activities such as raffles or competitions (this excludes permits for door to door and public coin collections which are organised by Red Cross at the point of registration). This information will be available from your state government or local council and obtaining these permits is the responsibility of the Fundraiser and not Red Cross. For all gaming, trading, racing, licensing, promotional and fundraising requirements, please check legislation by contacting your nearest office:
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner
PH: 02 6207 0359 PH: 131 882
NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing Department of Liquor and Gaming
PH: 02 9995 0300 PH: 03 6166 4444
Racing Gaming and Licensing Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
PH: 08 8999 5511 PH: 1300 182 457
Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing Department of Gaming, Racing and Liquor
PH: 13 74 68 PH: 08 9425 1888
- Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any Event or Collection. It is the responsibility of the Registered Fundraiser to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their Event, including and providing first aid services if they are needed. Registered Fundraisers are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their Event, including public liability insurance.
- If conducting door to door or public coin collections, there are some standard safety requirements Collectors must adhere to:
• If a property is signed, ‘beware of the dog’, or if there is a dog that you are unsure of – do not enter the property
• Please wear sensible, non slip, flat, enclosed shoes
• Please check the weather forecast before the start of your Collection. If there is a severe weather warning or high temperatures predicted for that day, please consider rescheduling to a different day
• Please ensure you dress appropriately for the weather and always use 30+ sunscreen. Take adequate water supply with you and have regular breaks
• If you are younger than 15 years of age, you must be accompanied by an adult
• Red Cross recommends working in pairs where possible. The likelihood of an incident is generally reduced if there is a second person to call for help. It is also good practice to let someone know where you are going and when you are likely to return. Where possible carry a fully charged mobile phone and in the case of an emergency, please ring 000
• Please decline any invitation to enter a house. Wait politely on the front doorstep
• Red Cross is a child safe organisation and therefore has a Child Protection Policy, in respect of persons who have contact with children in the course of their work for Red Cross. This includes all registered volunteers for Red Cross Calling. It is therefore a mandatory requirement that before you start fundraising, you have read and agreed to Red Cross’ Child Protection Code of Conduct. Please refer to your Fundraiser Welcome Kit or visit www.redcrosscalling.org.au
• Please call the Red Cross Calling hotline on 1800 733 276 as soon as possible if you have an incident or need to report any suspicious activity. The hotline is open from 8am‐8pm AEDST (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 5pm AEDST (Saturday and Sunday)
- • Red Cross is a child safe organisation and therefore has a Child Protection Policy, in respect of persons who have contact with children in the course of their work for Red Cross. This includes all registered volunteers for Red Cross Calling. It is therefore a mandatory requirement that before you start fundraising, you have read and agreed to Red Cross’ Child Protection Code of Conduct. Please read your copy here or refer to your Fundraiser Welcome Kit.
- Organisations including community groups and schools registered to fundraise for Red Cross Calling are responsible for the safety and welfare of all children under the age of 18 years who are fundraising with that school or community group on behalf of Red Cross. Those organisations must ensure that they provide the children with appropriate safety guidelines and make them aware of the safety requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Red Cross’ public liability insurance covers Registered Fundraisers who are conducting a Collection on behalf of Red Cross. It does not cover Registered Fundraisers who are running events of their own. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks of fundraising Events or Collections run by external parties.
- The Registered Fundraiser must securely keep all the money raised by the Collection or Event. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited into the Red Cross bank account within 28 days after the Event or Collection taking place. All monies raised for Red Cross Calling must be returned to Red Cross by Monday, 30th April 2018. Visit www.redcrosscalling.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ or call 1800 733 276 for more information on how to deposit money.
- If running a collection, Collectors are required to return all receipt booklets whether they have been used or not within 28 days after the completion of their activity. The receipted dollar value must not exceed the funds raised. If a receipt booklet is lost or stolen, a Statutory Declaration must be completed stating this and returned with payment in place of the receipt book. It is a criminal offence to write false tax receipts, and/or make a false declaration. All receipt booklets for Red Cross Calling must be returned to Red Cross by Monday, 30th April 2018. Visit www.redcrosscalling.org.au, https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ or call 1800 733 276 for more information.
- You are not permitted to make telephone call collections as part of a Red Cross Calling fundraising Event or Collection.
- If you are under 15 years of age, you must have the express permission of a parent or guardian before undertaking any fundraising activities as part of Red Cross Calling.
- If you, as the Registered Fundraiser, have any previous criminal convictions, you need to tell us about them when you register. Although any prior convictions won’t automatically prevent you from being able to organise an activity for us, they will be taken into account where relevant, for the purposes of accessing the suitability of the Event or Collection and yourself as the Registered Fundraiser. Failure to notify us of any previous criminal convictions may result in further investigation towards yourself and your fundraising activity or refusal for authority to fundraise on Red Cross’ behalf.
- You agree to release Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity, and indemnify Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
- If there is a likelihood of you not meeting any of these responsibilities, we reserve the right to withdraw your authority to organise an activity at any time.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the campaign period. Upon amending Terms and Conditions we will re-post them at www.redcrosscalling.org.au and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/. Fundraisers will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time. Any changes to the Promotion and/or Terms and Conditions relating to the Red Cross Calling promotion (including prize variations, cancellation or suspension of your promotion), is subject to the approval of all relevant State and Territory Departments.
- Upon entering www.redcross.org.au, www.redcrosscalling.org.au or https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property requirements on the Event Website/s. Your use of and/or continued access to the Event Website/s constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Event Websites are run by Red Cross for this event only. Content may change but both sites will remain dedicated for Red Cross Calling fundraising only.
- Registered Fundraisers acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem – a Red Cross on a white background – is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by the Geneva Conventions on the victims and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, of which the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is the founding body. The emblem is also a symbol of the Movement’s seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
- Registered Fundraisers or Supporters must not use the Red Cross logo or Red Cross emblem to advertise or conduct the Event or Collection except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to you by Red Cross. Unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957. You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit www.redcross.org.au.
- In promoting and running your Event or Collection you may use:
- In promoting and running your Event or Collection you may not use the Red Cross logo, the Red Cross Calling logo or the images or text on the www.redcross.org.au, www.redcrosscalling.org.au or https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ unless you have Red Cross’ prior written permission.
- The content of www.redcross.org.au, www.redcrosscalling.org.au and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ such as text, graphics, images and names (“Material”) is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
- Red Cross does not warrant that www.redcrosscalling.org.au and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use of an Event Websites result in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated cost.
- The Event Websites may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors (“Advertisers”). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Red Cross.
- The Event Websites contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
- Linked Sites that we are endorsing for Red Cross Calling include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linked In; You Tube, Go Fundraise, Pinterest, Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on www.redcross.org.au, www.redcrosscalling.org.au or https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/ might not be endorsed or authorised by Red Cross.
- Your use of a Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on www.redcrosscalling.org.au and https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/
- Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
- There are 8 (eight) Incentive Prizes to giveaway. Incentive prizes include: 8 x Grill’d Gift Cards valued at $100 RRP each (Grill’d Pty Ltd ABN 106 297 394)
- Incentive Prizes will be awarded to:
- a) 4 x $100 Grill’d Gift Cards (four) for the top Highest Individual Fundraisers. The 4 Registered Individuals who raise the most money as part of their Red Cross Calling fundraising will win a $100 Grill’d Gift Card valued at RRP $100.
- b) 4 x $100 Grill’d Gift Cards (four) for the top Highest Group Fundraisers. The 4 Registered Groups who raise the most money as part of their Red Cross Calling fundraising will win a $100 Grill’d Gift Card valued at RRP $100.
- To be eligible for an Incentive Prize, Registered Groups or Individual Hosts must:
- Complete a registration form in full and host a Red Cross Calling fundraiser between Thursday 1st March and Saturday 31st March 2018 and return the money raised to Australian Red Cross by Friday 1st June 2018. The registration must be made online at redcrosscalling.org.au, by return mail (Reply Paid 84694 Melbourne VIC 8060/GPO Box 4343 Melbourne VIC 3001), phone (1800 733 276), email (email@example.com) or directly through Apple Marketing Pty Ltd. If a Red Cross Calling registration form is not completed in full, then the Registered Group or Individual Host may not be eligible for an Incentive Prize. We may, at our absolute discretion, reject a registration if the registration form has not been completed with sufficient detail. This could include incomplete personal details such as full name, email and postal address.
- Only one Incentive Prize may be won by a Registered Group or Individual Host.
- If the Incentive Prizes (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter (“Promoter”), in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from an Australian regulatory authority.
- In the event that the Highest Individual Host or Group Fundraiser cannot be contacted or does not claim the Incentive Prize by Monday 2nd July 2018, a random draw will take place at Australian Red Cross office - Level 3, 464 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on Monday 16th July 2018 at 12pm (midday). The winner will be notified within 2 (two) working days by phone, email or confirmation letter.
- Red Cross and its employees, contractors and agents shall not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection the use of any prize or gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). This is a strict condition for the acceptance of any prize or gift.
- All prizes and gifts are only eligible to be awarded to Australian residents as per the registration eligibility (see clause 6). Excluded from claiming all prizes, includes:
- Red Cross staff and employees
- Grill’d Pty Ltd employees
- Any person under the age of 15 (fifteen) that has not had consent from a parent or guardian
59. All prizes and gifts cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or any other goods or services.